Melissa Widrick: Missionary Teacher in Guatemala

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

water update

For those of you who have been praying for rain, thank you! Last week it rained a couple times- once it poured straight through the night. There's still water in the storm ditch, which is pretty amazing. I've done three loads of laundry since then without having to pause the washer. That's always exciting.

As far as the well goes, the money came through but things are still caught up in red tape so it's hard to say when they'll actually come to do the drilling.

In other news, this is my first week with five classes instead of seven, now that Joni is here to help with English classes. Hooray! It is great to have more time for planning and grading. I feel like I'm finally on top of things. I'm planning on teaching a class for adults soon, a couple afternoons a week, if there's enough interest.

This afternoon we had a photo shoot. The ministry is making a video to show what we're about when Mike and Latonya go to the states to raise support. They're leaving next week, for six weeks. Those of you who are praying can pray for the rest of the leadership team as the Lewises are away. Other prayer requests include funds for the school and Willy Mota, a fifth grader who just had surgery and needs to have a heart surgery soon too. Pray for financial provision for the Mota family, as the heart surgery will be very expensive.

3 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melissa you look marvelous and I am happy to read about your town celebration. Most of all I am blessed to see first hand the people of the town. I love you sweetie. Have a great birthday next month. MOM

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Hermana, Donde esta?

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Mel said...

i'm still here- i have some stuff to put on the blog but i've been real busy so i won't get to it tonight- but upcoming highlights include the school's field day, a field trip to the mayan ruins at tikal and the church picnic. stay tuned, y'all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home