The July update
Sorry for the long pause in updates. Willy Mota had his heart surgery about two weeks ago and his parents are with him in the capital as he recuperates. All went well with the operation and so far with his recovery. Thanks be to God! From what I hear Willy and his parents are in good spirits. Continue to pray for him and his parents, and his sisters who are staying here with their grandparents. I think they miss their parents.
There has been no progress with the well in the last couple weeks. Something broke on the truck I guess, because it’s just sitting idle on the property.
This Sunday I travel to Zona Reina with some of our young adult group to do some outreach there. They have a school there that is like ours, but newer, and their teachers don’t have much training so we’re going to have some teacher workshops. It is in a remote area in the mountains. I am a little nervous about the trip there, and about teaching other teachers (in Spanish) but excited about the opportunity to help out. We will be there from Sunday to Wednesday.
In other news, my housemate Deborah has returned to the states and another girl, Amy, has come to help us out for six weeks. She's hoping to return next year for the whole year. I also have started helping with the younger youth group, the 12-15 year olds. They meet about twice a month. They're fun.
Wednesday night Pastor Mike preached from Colossians 3, about keeping your mind on the things above, and stuff like that. It was really encouraging for me, because I've been struggling with that lately. It's so easy to let fear and discouragement get to you if you don't focus on the Lord. It's hard for me not to worry, especially about the future, since I'm waiting to see if I can raise support to stay here. One of the points of the sermon was that we need to change our habits- replace the old ways with the new ways. I've been thinking about how to change my thought patterns. Old habits die hard. But all things are possible with the Lord. So I'm praying for a renewed mind. I think that mind renewing has to be new every day.
Well, that's all for now! I'll let you know how things went in Zona Reina when I get back.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home