Melissa Widrick: Missionary Teacher in Guatemala

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Noche de Talentos


Grades 5-9 had their talent night this Friday. I was so proud of them! Here at the left the 7th graders are doing a drama to the song "Vive el redentor" (I know my redeemer lives). They were so expressive!


















This is the sixth grade drama. Check out John the Baptist with a blonde wig. It reminds me of RuPaul. Teehee.















The ninth graders did a modern day version of the parable of the Prodigal Son. Here's the prodigal getting ready to spend a wad of cash at the mall.










Another highlight of the night was a special video presentation that William Mota, Sr. made to thank everyone for their prayers and help while Willy Jr. was having his heart surgery and in recovery. They returned home recently and the video showed pictures of Willy and his family after the surgery and during his recovery. I want to thank all of you who have been reading this web journal and have prayed for Willy and his family during this time.

2 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger solomonrex said...

I love the modern prodigal son stories. Too bad you can't fit a car on the stage ;)

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Mel said...

actually, they did have a fake car. they made the outline of the front of a car and carried it around. it was hilarious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home