Send the rain- a little bit later, please!
Well, the good news is we have plenty of water, in spite of the fact that we still don't have a new well dug. The bad news is our house has sprung a leak. We have water coming in through the floor of one of the bedrooms and it's spreading into other rooms too. Thankfully, someone has loaned us a shop vac to suck up the water. But yesterday the power was out almost all day so we couldn't use it. They say they need two days without rain to fix the problem. I heard that this month is going to be one of the rainiest they've had in years. Eeek!!! Looks like another opportunity to practice being content in all circumstances. :)
Please pray for a break in the rain because besides our problem, there are people who live close to the water and have problems with flooding. We have friends who have sewage backing up into through their shower and bathroom. So I'm thankful our problem isn't worse in our house, and I hope God will be merciful and the rain will let up for a few days. Also there's the possiblity of bigger problems in some places, like mud slides and major flooding.
To the right: Trying to stem the rising tide with sandbags in front of Joni's room.
Below: Me with my new best friend, the wet-dry vac.

To the right: Our new waterfall outside our house.
2 Comments:
Hey Beautiful..I am back in civilization..yea!!On the way back to O-town in your neon today it overheated...dad says there is a leak in the overflow tank..and maybe the radiator...thats bad...in better news the Blazer is a sweet car except someone stole the radio out so I will just have to be singing my own tunes for a little while...it will be mine officially tommorow...I can't wait to see you when you come back...Dad told me today I have to take good care of the blazer cause he wants it when I am done...i think he is jealous...OK this is a super long comment...I start work early at Lee Hall tommorow...good times...classes thursday...love ya...talk to you soon
Oh yeah...and you look hot with that shop vack...you got skills
Post a Comment
<< Home