Melissa Widrick: Missionary Teacher in Guatemala

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Thanks NCCC!!!

My home church in Oswego, New Covenant Community Church, took up an offering for me recently to raise some funds so I can stay here until October (which is the end of the school year). Originally I had planned to leave in July, but I felt like the Lord was leading me to stay longer. Thanks to everyone who contributed! I hope you're reading this website, and know that I appreciate your thoughts and prayers and financial support and I'm looking forward to visiting this fall. With this recent offering, it looks like I'm in pretty good shape financially until October. It will depend on the price of my flight home, so I'm hoping I'll get a pretty good deal.

By the way, Aunt Brenda and Uncle Jim- I know you're reading! So don't neglect to say hello in the comment box. I love you guys! :)

In other news- we have a group coming today from Virginia, including my housemate Erin's parents. One of their tasks is to put the false ceiling in our house. Hooray for ceiling helpers! This will be our last group visiting this year, I think. A couple weeks ago we had two groups visiting at once- one was a singles ministry group from Wichita, Kansas and the other was from Illinois. It was neat to have them here. They did a lot of dramas and taught them to our students too, and ministered in our school and in town. We heard a lot of testimonies from the Kansas group and that was really encouraging. Plus, they were a lot of fun.

On a personal note, I am recovering from a bad cold and I missed three days of school so I have a lot of work to make up because we have end of phase exams next week. So pray that I feel better fast and can get my work done fast too!

1 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger BlackEyedSusan said...

Hooray, Mel! That's great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home