Melissa Widrick: Missionary Teacher in Guatemala

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I'm back!

Well, I've been back in NY for a week now. I've already met with the leadership at my home church to discuss plans to return to Guatemala next year. They are supportive of my desire to return, so now we will see about raising funds. I put in a job app for subbing at a school district on Monday and they called me a couple of hours later to schedule an interview. So I've already had an interview and been offered a position, working with students whose primary language is Spanish. I'm really excited about this- I was going to feel lucky if I could find any work, and now I've been offered a job working one on one with students, which has the potential for being much more rewarding than substitute teaching. This has reminded of how the Lord can go above and beyond my expectations!

3 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger BlackEyedSusan said...

Praise the Lord for jobs and such!!! That's awesome, Mel!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home! Are you thinking of visiting blackeyedsusan on the weekend of the 11th?? I think I'm in. Let me know your plans.

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor Ron says: "You make us proud."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home